1st Grade Weekly Newsletter
** Please practice shoe tying with your child **
Math- We will be using a hundred chart to subtract a multiple of 10 from another multiple of 10 and using an open number line to solve subtraction problems.
Reading- We will be reading and responding to the “Easter” stories.
Phonics- We will be identifying rhyming words and reviewing identifying the number of syllables in words.
Writing- We will be continuing to focus on writing our letters correctly.
Listening- We will be reading Easter stories.
Science- We will be reading and doing Weekly Readers on “Spring.”
Religion- We will be reviewing the “Stations of the Cross.” We will also be doing activities about the “Easter Story.”
This Friday, the students will be tested on their ten spelling words and sight words.
• Please practice the sight words from Unit 4. The students will be assessed on all of them starting on, April 25, 2022.
• The students will be having a Math Test on Topic 10 on Tuesday, April 26, 2022. Please review the completed work that was sent home, which we have already learned (Homework and Class Work).
• The students will also be having their Social Studies Test on Communities Part 1 on Tuesday,
May 3, 2022 (review the information that will be sent home by email).
** There are NO new “Spelling Words” OR “Sight Words” this week. Please review with your child the “spelling words” and “sight words” that we have already had. **
1. Math- Math Workbook Lesson 11-2
2. Phonics- Short Vowel/Long Vowel Worksheet
1. Math- Math Workbook Lesson 11-3
2. Grammar- Nouns/Verbs/Adjectives Worksheet
Wednesday: Read a book with your child.
Thursday: Holy Thursday. Read a book with your child.
Friday: Good Friday. Read a book with your child
Sunday, April 17- Easter Sunday. Happy Easter!!
Monday, April 25th- Classes Resumes.