From Nursery through Kindergarten our Early Childhood Classes provide excellence in early childhood education incorporating high quality opportunities that offer our children and families a strong foundation for both education and life!
Our programs help children develop language, academic skills and life skills through classroom experience, play and positive relationships.
What to Expect
- In our early childhood classrooms, you can expect your child to:
- Learn what makes them unique and what it means to be a child of God
- Learn to play cooperatively with others
- Develop curiosity and creativity
- Learn and practice new academic and life skills.
- Learn how to be part of a team – in the classroom, school and community
- Explore critical thinking skills across the curriculum
- Differentiated instruction within whole and small-group activities for each individual learner.
- Center time where children are able to work with a variety of materials
- Outdoor play
- Rest/nap time
- Meal and snack time
Our Little Ones grow, learn, and explore in a nurturing, inclusive environment where they can develop a faith filled academic foundation.
Morning session begins with prayer and a religion based story, followed by a gross motor or fine motor activity, open play and a craft. Focus is on skills for activities of daily living, socialization, self-awareness and self-control. Emphasis is on prayers, letters, numbers and colors.
Afternoon session begins after lunch and children nap. Session explores an Early Childhood “STREAM” program that includes detailed Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Art, and Math disciplines. A music with movement activity follows. Pre-reading and pre-writing skills are introduced.
St. Stan’s Pre-K for All
Offers your child a warm, nurturing environment to learn and grow, socially, academically and emotionally.
- Small class sizes with qualified and caring lead teachers and certified teaching assistants in each of our 3 well-equipped classrooms, all at no cost to you.
- Music, art and library classes each week.
- A dedicated outdoor playground, created just for Pre-K.
- Free breakfast and lunch.
- Family engagement opportunities every month.
- Optional Enrichment program where children focus on literacy and numeracy skills, as well as religion
- Before- and after-school care