1st Grade Weekly Newsletter
** Please practice shoe tying with your child **
Math- We will be making a ten to help solve addition problems, adding 2 two-digit numbers, and review and take the test on “Topic 9.”
Reading- We will be reading and responding to the “Easter” stories.
Phonics- We will be identifying rhyming words in an “Easter” poem and reviewing identifying the number of syllables in words.
Writing- We will be continuing to focus on writing our letters correctly.
Listening- We will be reading Easter stories.
Science- We will be continuing our next unit, “Sound.”
Religion- We will be finishing learning about the “Stations of the Cross.” We will also be doing activities about the “Easter Story.”
• The students will be having a Math Test on Topic 9 on Wednesday, March 31, 2021. Please review the completed work that was sent home, which we have already learned (Homework and Class Work).
• Our Specials Are: Monday- Gym; Tuesday- Technology; Wednesday- Spanish and Stream; Thursday-Music; Friday- Art.
** There are NO new “Spelling Words” OR “Sight Words” this week. Please review with your child the “spelling words” and “sight words” that we have already had. **
1. Math- Math Workbook Lesson 10-6
2. Phonics- Short Vowel/Long Vowel Worksheet
1. Math- Math Workbook Lesson 10-7
2. Grammar- Nouns/Verbs/Adjectives Worksheet
Wednesday: Read a book with your child.
Thursday: Holy Thursday. Read a book with your child.
Friday: Good Friday. Read a book with your child
Sunday, April 4- Easter Sunday. Happy Easter!!
Monday, April 12th- Classes Resumes.