1st Grade Weekly Newsletter
Math- We will be counting on to subtract using 10 as a landmark and making addition and subtraction facts using the same three numbers.
Reading- We will be reading and responding to Thanksgiving stories.
Phonics- We will be reviewing identifying the short vowel (a, e, i, o, u) words and rhyming words.
Listening- We will be reading “Thanksgiving Day” stories.
Writing- We will be continuing to focus on writing our numbers and letters correctly. Also, we will be beginning to learn about the steps in the “Writing Process.”
Social Studies- We will be doing different activities to learn about the “First Thanksgiving” and comparing turkeys to other birds and learning about their anatomy.
Science- We will be learning about “birds and insects.”
• THERE ARE NO SPELLING TEST OR SIGHT WORDS TEST THIS WEEK!!!!
• The students will be having their first Social Studies Test this week on Tuesday, November 22, 2022. (review the paper that was sent home).
• The students will be having their first Science Test next week on Tuesday, November 29, 2022. (review the paper that was sent home).
• Our Specials Are: Monday- Spanish; Tuesday- Art; Wednesday- STREAM; Thursday- Mass and Music; Friday- Technology and Gym.
1. Math- Math Workbook Lesson 4-3
2. Reading- Workbook Packet (1 Page- Thanksgiving Reading Comp.)
1. Math- Math Workbook Lesson 4-4
2. Writing- Workbook Packet (Thanksgiving Writing Responses)
3. ½ Day of of School Dismissal tomorrow.
Thursday: Thanksgiving Day
Friday: No School- Enjoy Your Weekend!!